Author Topic: Max node for terrain composition  (Read 2595 times)

iangipson

For terrain composition, I see functions like sum, difference, average, etc. A "Max" and "Min" would be helpful here. I see them for mask composition, but not for terrain composition.

If there's a good reason for them to be absent, I'd love to know that too!

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
Thanks for your feedback.

Indeed we only implemented "Min" and "Max" for masks.

If you think it can be useful for terrains as well, we will implement them (it will be quick ;-)).

iangipson

Thanks! Yes, it will be useful (and I'm glad to hear it's not a big amount of work on your end). The immediate use would be to quickly prototype composing two pieces of terrain without having to paint a mask. In the long run, i would hope that the "calculation->formula" node would be a place where I could create my own blending methods for things that I can't easily build out of other nodes (and avoid having to request it from your busy developers)

puckducker

Has there been any progress on this? A max/min blend node for terrains would be super useful.

I've managed to build a workaround node network that achieves the same thing, but it's doing it with a bunch of different nodes, so it'd be a lot more convenient (and performant no doubt) if it could just be done in 1.

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
The feature is currently planned for v1.1 to be released in May.

Actually it's in our short term roadmap, meaning that it will be finished end of February / beginning of March.

A beta version may be available at that time with this feature for those who want to try it.

Edit: Min & Max composition nodes for terrains are available since v1.1, May 2018.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 10:45:56 AM by Marianne Calva »