Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Feature requests / Re: "Mask" default terrain color option.
« Last post by ZoltanE on October 22, 2021, 01:27:54 PM »
I see, makes sense, cheers! :)
Feature requests / Re: Option to disable crashlog sending
« Last post by ZoltanE on October 22, 2021, 01:27:12 PM »
Oh I see, great, thanks! :)
Feature requests / Re: "Mask" default terrain color option.
« Last post by Alexis Vaisse on October 22, 2021, 11:38:26 AM »
Hi,

You can use an "Apply mask" to display a mask over a terrain (the mask is automatically converted into a color map and the color map is applied onto the terrain).

Please note that if your mask is black, the terrain will be black as well. To fix this, you can add a "Scale & Offset" node to slightly increase the values of the mask. You can also use a "Min & max values" node to set a minimum value to the mask.
Feature requests / Re: Option to disable crashlog sending
« Last post by Alexis Vaisse on October 22, 2021, 11:30:13 AM »
Hi,

If you don't want any crash report to be sent, you can define the following environment variable: INSTANT_TERRA_DO_NOT_SEND_CRASH (any value will work).
If the application crashes, a message box indicates whether an anonymous crash report has been sent.

This feature will be available in Instant Terra 2.4 to be released next week.

If you find a repro case for a crash, please send it to support@wysilab.com.
That's the best option to get the crash fixed. ;-)
Thanks.
Crash and bug reports / Re: Unreal landscape has duplicate layers
« Last post by ZoltanE on October 22, 2021, 08:23:00 AM »
It can be cleaned up by adding a new layer to the landscape material, compiling, removing it, compiling again.
Crash and bug reports / Unreal landscape has duplicate layers
« Last post by ZoltanE on October 22, 2021, 07:59:04 AM »
While I'm tweaking the layer structure for the terrain, adding and removing masks and so on, the Unreal landscape actor gets multiple layers with the same name, often using the same layerinfo, breaking visuals. I'm using IT 2.3.3 with Unreal 4.26.2.

Feature requests / "Mask" default terrain color option.
« Last post by ZoltanE on October 22, 2021, 06:47:55 AM »
It would be neat if we could select a mask output as "default terrain color" so it's overlaid on the displaced terrain. It would make it much easier to check and tweak masks which are only used as output data (passed to Unreal for example).
Feature requests / Option to disable crashlog sending
« Last post by ZoltanE on October 22, 2021, 06:47:12 AM »
My employers are uncomfortable with an app sending crash data because that might leak information about the project. It would be very important to have a way of disabling that functionality.
Feature requests / Avoid intense flashing on gizmo manipulation
« Last post by ZoltanE on October 21, 2021, 06:17:01 PM »
On my 8k terrain certain operations take 0.1 .. 2 seconds to finish, so I see the throbber icon on a black background before the terrain is updated. With one off stuff it's fine. However when it flashes 20 times a second as I'm moving something with the gizmo it is super annoying and potentially seizure inducing.

I can see a few ways to mitigate this:
- Drop the resolution of the terrain mesh to keep interactive speeds.
- Update per tile like the water erosion node, starting around the gizmo.
- Don't clear the screen to show the throbber just display the updated terrain when its ready.

Perhaps a "limit region" feature would be an even more generic solution for cases where a small area is enough to do rapid changes before pushing stuff for the entire terrain.
Support - How to ... ? / Re: How connect obj-mesh into graph?
« Last post by Petr_Che on October 12, 2021, 01:00:19 PM »
Thanks a lot! Your advice helped a lot.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]