Author Topic: Real units for change size  (Read 1040 times)

Cryunreal

Can you make a real unist (for example meters) in settings of "change mask size" and "change terrain size" nodes.

For example i have a real terrain geodata from real location. And i know that size of this location is 15360m on 12460m. When i import any data i can not setup this.
The best solution will be control density, size in real units and resolution of import data.

Also pretty strage that i can not to set up size of color map on import. And i can not import color map tileset the same way as hightmaps and masks.

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
Thanks for the suggestion. We'll add it in our backlog.

The size of a terrain or a mask is defined by the quad size that you can set in the Import node.

For instance if the width of your terrain is 16'500 pixels and you know the size is 15'360 meters, you compute 15'360 / 16'500 = 0.93, so you set a value of 0.93 for the quad size.

You can create a component to let the user enter the size in meters and use a "Formula" node or a "Divide" node to automatically compute the quad size to apply.

FYI Instant Terra 1.13 will support GeoTIFF import: the quad size will be computed and set automatically.
A color map currently doesn't have a quad size. That will change in Instant Terra 1.13: a color map will have a quad size, and there will be new nodes to automatically apply a color map on a terrain at the right location and the right size.

Cryunreal

geotiff is cool, but normal 3d artists does not know about geotiff. But usually all artists know a size of location