Author Topic: Lost nodes after crash  (Read 890 times)

Danilo Nishimura

• Senior Technical Artist at Massive Entertainment
Hi there,

I spent some time creating a bunch of custom math components on my project. At some point, the Node Properties panel stopped showing information and the software crashed. After restarting it and loading the project, I lost the node graph changes, which is expected since I didn't save the project.

The thing is:
1. Why did I lose the components?
2. Are they stored within the project file?
   2.1. If yes, why? Is there a way to have them separate from the project files so I don't have to go on each project and redo the components in case I have multiple terrain files with different setups?

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
Hi,

Components are stored within the project file.

You can export them into a separate .terralib file: just select one or several components in the "Models" window, then right click to open the context menu and select "Export components".

You can import them when you have any project open: use the File > Import components… menu entry, or simpler just drag & drop the .terralib file when a project is open.

And if you put a .terralib file in the "My document/Instant Terra/Components" folder, the components it contains will automatically be available for all your projects.

More information about component: https://www.wysilab.com/OnLineDocumentation/Components/Components_ComponentLibraries.html

Danilo Nishimura

• Senior Technical Artist at Massive Entertainment
Alright!
Thanks!!!