Author Topic: Scale&Offset issue's on heightfields 16K and Above  (Read 1732 times)

puckducker

While building my terrain network, I suddenly started having export issue's. I'd been exporting 16k heightfields with no issue, but now my export would just stop during the Compute cycle (after 30 minutes no progress)

I did some trouble shooting, and found that the issue was with a Scale&Offset node I had added. If I removed that node from my chain, export worked fine.

The specific issue seems to be using the Scale&Offset node with an input terrain 16K or higher, and with the "Relative to minimum height" scale option checked (regardless if I'm actually changing the scale from 1.0). If I use a terrain below 16K or if I use the "Relative to Zero" scale option, everything exports correctly.

Luckily I can use the "Relative to Zero" since I'm not actually scaling my terrain, so I can still move forward with full terrain resolution.

Marianne Calva

• Administrator
Hi,
Thanks for the report!

We are about to release our version 1.2 in a few days, and it comes along with several fixes about export issues.
We'll check if the behavior you reported is already fixed or if we have to investigate it, and we come back to you soon.

Marianne
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 04:59:19 PM by Marianne Calva »

puckducker

Hmm, might be more too this than I originally let on. I tried to re-create this in isolation (brand new file, only a 16k input terrain, scale and export nodes) and was able to export without any issues.

It could be the quantity of 16k terrain's in my scene might have too much overhead, and so the scale node is still getting stuck.

Marianne Calva

• Administrator
Just to close this thread after some private exchanges, we had the confirmation that the issue is fixed in the coming v1.2 release.

Marianne