Author Topic: Larger Terrains in Trial-Version  (Read 2450 times)

wini34

Hello users and developers!

I am pretty new to the whole "terrain thing" in 3D modeling and about to try several softwares to find out which suits me best in the end.
So far I am really enthusiastic about InstantTerra however when comparing map sizes from AAA titles with my 2k x 2k I am really into creating bigger ones.

With the trial version you can just create up to 8k x 8k though. Correct? Concerning this I would be interested in whether you did it on purpose or just haven't implemented larger sizes yet.

The fact that I haven't paid a single Penny for your great software up to now makes me feel bad when demanding something but for my personal testing uses it would be really helpful if there wasn't a "limit".

1. I have never been able to work with terrains that large, concerning complexety
2. I don't know if my current PC will even handle it
3. I would love to see how comfortable it is to work with it in InstantTerra

Mainly for these three reasons I would love to have larger terrains available, in order to try everything out perfectly.

Best wishes to all of you

and keep up the great work!

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please send the email address that you used to get your Instant Terra license to support@wysilab.com, and we will upgrade your free evaluation license to the Enterprise Edition, so that you can test with terrains larger than 8k x 8k.

Best regards,

wini34

Hello again,

first of all thank you very much for this opportunity, I will send the email adress ASAP! Just shows how amazing the team at InstantTerra is. Really appreciate it. :)

Although I have another questions about the topic itself. Are you planning on increasing the map size for trials in general or will it remain some kind of exception?
A friend of mine used to work a lot with WorldMachine in the past but is also looking for alternatives right now. If he decides to try InstantTerra - should I tell him to wait for an update, to write in the forum as well or just contact you on your support address?

Might be a little more complicated than just using it without a limit for us users. If you already experienced negative situations with removing it I can definitely understand the decision though.

Thank you and have a nice day all!

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
  Our policy is to provide a free evaluation license limited to 8k x 8k terrain directly on our web site, and a non-limited free evaluation license on request.

So just tell your friend to send a quick email to support@wysilab.com, and we'll be happy to send him a non-limited free evaluation license. ;-)

Best regards,

wini34

Perfect, great to hear. I will tell him what to do if he needs unlimited terrain size.
Thank you for the explanation and fast responses!

As far as I am concerned this thread can be closed now.