Author Topic: Enable/Disable node doesn't enable the save button  (Read 1051 times)

Danilo Nishimura

• Senior Technical Artist at Massive Entertainment
Hi there,

Enabling or disabling a node doesn't count as change, so the save function stays disabled.
This is problematic when your enabling and disabling nodes to test things using the C# API because the Ctrl+S doesn't give any feedback (not that it needs one) and you think the change is saved, but in fact its not.

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
Hi,

This bug is in our bug database and will be fixed shortly.
Several operations don't trigger the "Is modified" flag yet and the save function stays disabled: enabling and disabling nodes, but also component automatic update.
Also when you modify a parameter in the property window, the save function is enabled only when the modification is validated (i.e. when the selection changes), whereas it would be more convenient to enable it as soon as a first parameter is modified.
Thanks for reporting this issue.

Danilo Nishimura

Is there a reason not to "save anyway"? Is there really a need to check for changes before saving?
The way I see it, the node graph is just a visual representation of data that could be written as text, and I see no reason not to save a text file (or a small binary) as many times as the user wants.

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
You're right. Even if the star (*) doesn't appear, it should be possible to save anyway.

Danilo Nishimura

Confirming that updating to 1.8.5 fixed this issue. Thanks!