Author Topic: Get or Transfer Terrain Height Min and Max from one Node to another?  (Read 2446 times)

rgkovach

Is it possible to extract the Min and Max Heights from one Terrain Node and apply that range to another Node?

Thanks.

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
Hi,

It's possible to get the width, the height and the quad size of a node (using the "Size information" node), but not the min and max heights.

We'll add this request in our backlog.
Thanks for your feedback.

rgkovach

I was able to quickly create a Python Node that iterated over all the values in the terrain to extract the Min and Max values.

Is it possible for a node to have a widget that displays information? My python node sets two outputs - one for min and one for max, but i have to connect the outputs to a "Min and Max" node in order to view the results.

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
No, you can't add this kind of widget. The only way to view the results is to connect the outputs to another node to control some of its parameters and display the properties of this node. Or connect the outputs to a Formula node to view the values in the properties of the Formula node, that's basically the same.