Author Topic: Compositing Components with Terrains that have different resolutions  (Read 1016 times)

rgkovach

I have a very large Master Terrain that is 16km x 16km, and I have a Component that is 1km x 1km of a simple Plateau. I would like to combine multiple Instances of the Plateau Component together to create larger forms.

If I use the Full Composition Node, the Lower Resolution Component keeps its relative size compared to the overall world, and I can move the Component around to where I want it. So far so good.

However, when I add a second instance of the Plateau Component and use a Full Composition Node to add it to the overall Master Terrain, I can't choose a different Blend operation, such as MAX. When the two Plateau Instances overlap, they create a Spike where they are added together.

Is it posssible to take advantage of all the features of the Full Composition Node (Resolution Differences, Placement, Scale, etc.) but change how the terrains are Composited?

Thanks.

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
Hi,

We plan to enhance the Full Composition node by adding different blend modes.

In the mean time, you can go to the Wysilab components library (https://www.wysilab.com/Library) and download the Min Full Composition and Max Full Composition components. They should do the trick.