Author Topic: How to import color map from several files?  (Read 2489 times)

Cryunreal

Hi!
How to import color map from several files?
I have huge tileset of color maps. I want to import this and apply on my terrain in full resolution.
I tried to make this using "color map from masks node", but in the result the resolution was droped down!
I attached screenshots. This is critical for me.

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
Hi,

Can you explain what you mean by "the resolution was droped down"?
Unless you have a very old version of Instant Terra (before v.1.6) there is no limitation on the size of a color map.

For instance, if you import masks which are 4K x 4K big and you convert them to a color map, you will get a 4K x 4K color map.

When you apply the color map on a terrain, the color map may not be displayed in full resolution all the time (it may depend on the position of the camera), but it's just a display issue: if you extract the color map and export it, you will get the color map in full resolution.

Cryunreal

I use 1.12.5 version.
Yes, after export i see full resolution of color.
I import 16k tileset of mask and height. I see height in full resolution, but mask is much more less. It does not depend on camera position.

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
You're right, when the color map is very big, such as 16K x 16K, the resolution used to display it is lower than expected.

We're going to fix that bug and release a patch as soon as the fix is ready.

Thanks a lot for reporting this issue.

Cryunreal

Amazing!
Full resolution is very important for mask and for color in the same time. Because in the final result we blend several color maps by several masks.
i will wait for the patch. Thank you!

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
Hi,

We've just released Instant Terra 1.12.6 with a fix for this bug.
A color map on a terrain should now always be displayed in full resolution.

Cryunreal

Ok, i will test this right now.

Cryunreal

It works correct now! Thank you.
What about import of color map from files (from tileset) by using single node?

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
The request is in our backlog. The release date will depend on its priority compared to the priority of other requests.

In the meantime, you can create your own component node to import a color map from a list of files:

- Create a "Import masks from files" node and a "Color map from masks" node.
- Make sure the "Color map from masks" node is linked to another node ("Apply color map" for instance).
- Select both nodes, right click to open the context menu and select "Create component".
- Choose a name for your component node and validate.
- Then right click on your component node and select "Edit component".
- In the graph of the component node, add a "File name parameter" node and link it to the "Import masks from files" node.

You now have your single node to import a color map from a list of files.
You can export it and use it in any other projects.

You can find more information about components in the documentation: https://www.wysilab.com/OnLineDocumentation/Components/Components_ComponentLibraries.html

Cryunreal

Thank you. I know about it, but i think your explanation will be helpfull for other people.