Author Topic: Unreal terrain graph is lost  (Read 1130 times)

ZoltanE

When I try to edit the terrain ("Edit in Instant Terra") then the default terrain graph loads up instead of the one I made. Since the last time it worked properly we moved the landscape and all related actors to a new sublevel, updated to UE 4.27 and Instant Terra 2.4.
Could you advise how to get back my terrain graph?

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
Hi,

The terrain graph is stored in an actor whose type is "InstantTerraProject".
This actor is created when you select the "Create Instant Terra project" entry in the context menu.
It's located in the same world than the landscape.

The Instant Terra project actor references the landscape.
If you moved the landscape maybe the link has been broken.
Be sure to put the Instant Terra project actor in the same world.

When you open the context menu on the landscape in the World Outliner:
- If there is an Instant Terra project actor referencing this landscape, the context menu will have an "Edit in Instant Terra" entry.
- Otherwise the context menu will have a "Create an Instant Terra project" entry.

To restore the link between the Instant Terra project and the landscape, select the Instant Terra project actor in the World Outliner to display its properties, and set the Landscape property.

ZoltanE

The InstantTerraProject actor was moved along with the Landscape and LandscapeGizmoActiveActor actors to the new sublevel. The InstantTerraProject still points at the Landscape actor. Both of them have "Edit in Instant Terra" in their context menu, which loads up the default terrain graph.

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
Unfortunately this probably means that your graph has been overridden by the default terrain graph.

If you don't have a backup of your level, you can look at the "Intermediate" folder of your Unreal project. Temporary .terrain files are stored here.

ZoltanE

I found the file, how do I link it to the unreal scene? When Instant Terra is started from Unreal then opening a project creates a new instance of IT.

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
- Launch Unreal
- Open the context menu on your landscape and select "Create Instant Terra project" or "Edit in Instant Terra". UE starts Instant Terra.
- In Instant Terra, open the file containing your project.
- Click on the "Send to Unreal" button.
- In Unreal save the level. That will save the graph of your Instant Terra project inside the level.

ZoltanE

Great, thank you, all sorted now. :)