Author Topic: UE crash every time on instant terra create new project command using defaults  (Read 682 times)

mschifter

Hi,

On creation of a new landscape command after deleting original default open world demo terrain (this is maybe hour 1 of trying instant terra), I get a UE5 call stack dump in your code repeatedly as instant terra is starting:

Assertion failed: ComponentCount.X >= 1 && ComponentCount.X <= 32 [File:D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\InstantTerra\Source\InstantTerra\Private\Algorithm\Client.cpp] [Line: 186]

UnrealEditor_InstantTerra!FClient::SetTerrainSize() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\InstantTerra\Source\InstantTerra\Private\Algorithm\Client.cpp:186]
UnrealEditor_InstantTerra!FInstantTerraProjectController::EditInInstantTerra() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\InstantTerra\Source\InstantTerra\Private\Controller\InstantTerraProjectController.cpp:134]
UnrealEditor_InstantTerra!FInstantTerraModule::EditInInstantTerra() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\InstantTerra\Source\InstantTerra\Private\InstantTerraModule.cpp:263]
UnrealEditor_InstantTerra!FInstantTerraModule::StaticCreateInstantTerraProject() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\InstantTerra\Source\InstantTerra\Private\InstantTerraModule.cpp:202]
UnrealEditor_InstantTerra!TBaseStaticDelegateInstance<void __cdecl(void),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy,AActor *>::ExecuteIfSafe() [D:\RocketSync\5.0.0-19505902+++UE5+Release-5.0\Working\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateInstancesImpl.h:731]
UnrealEditor_Slate

That's the relevant part of the call stack, the part with your code ends at UnrealEditor_Slate.

Hope this helps,

Matt

mschifter

Hi,

I've been through all the interactive tutorials now. After uninstalling unreal and instant terra, re-installing, and then I tried to create a new instant terra project, and I got the assert crash again just now.

So I am unable to evaluate your software.

I look forward to your response on my crash issue. Have you reproduced it?

Respectfully,

Matt