Author Topic: Some basic features that would help us get started  (Read 3274 times)

WFab

Hey guys!

First an intro. I've been building terrains for film and games for a while now. I work with world machine, as well as a few other proprietary tools. A few basic features missing in this first beta very much limit the types of terrains we can create. I'll list some of them here.

1. Some basic generators like constant (a constant height generator), gradients like linear, radial, conical(separate or a single node).
2. A set of basic filters, like distortion.

I know there are more features coming, these are a few things that would make it a bit more functional at this early stage.

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
Hi WFab,

Thanks for your feedback.

Some of the features you mentioned are already available in Instant Terra:

- Constant height generator --> Just use the Slope terrain generator: when the inclination angle is equal to 0, you get a constant height terrain.

- Linear gradient: again the Slope terrain generator should do the job. You can also use a Profile curve node for a more complex gradient.

- Radial gradient: you can use the Pyramid node for terrains and the Disk node for masks. You can also use the Circular symmetry node to edit the curve.

For the distortion filter, it's in our roadmap. ;-)

WFab

Thank you for the response! I'll check those out!

Is there a reason those nodes weren't named conventionally?

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
Actually not really. ;-)

We may rename the nodes in a future version.

Thanks.

S-ed

You also could generate Landscape with desired height from masks by blending two slopes in "plain mode" with Alpha blend node.