Author Topic: New Install - World Browser is blank  (Read 2371 times)

dscnly

Hello

I've installed the app, registered with a free evaluation copy, and everything except the World Browser tab seems to be working fine. But in World Browser all I see is an empty white space, nothing can be searched for, no world map to navigate is visible. The zoom functions seems to be working as the scale in the bottom right changes, but that's it. Screen-shot attached.

I've tried to uninstall and install a fresh copy, but that is exactly the same. I can't see anything to show that it's being blocked by the firewall. Any ideas or help?

Thanks

Don Connolly

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
Hello,

It seems that the Google Maps API has changed in some way.
We will see if we can find a solution.

Dr.K

Exactly and precisely the same problem as "dscnly". A white, blank "World Browser" tab after downloading, installing and registering the free evaluation copy. Yes, firewall and anti-virus was checked and isn't the problem. Same observation as "dscnly", "The zoom functions seems to be working as the scale in the bottom right changes, but that's it." Any ideas or fix in sight?

dscnly

Hello Alexis

...We will see if we can find a solution.

Any sign of a fix coming along?

Thanks

ArgoChris

Bumping again -- this feature is a major aspect of why I purchased the software, will the API updates be applied/available to previous license holders?

Wilks

Why hasn't this been fixed yet?

This is also the reasoning I am using the software to create terrain based on real world data, but its rendered useless.

sakari119

philelli

Same issue, I trust you will be extending out trial to its original length once this is fixed? Better still free licenses for all, for the emotional stress you've put us through.

jabo1SFH

jabo1SFH

Same issue, I trust you will be extending out trial to its original length once this is fixed? Better still free licenses for all, for the emotional stress you've put us through.

i like this idea. i second this motion.

looks like i will be requesting an extension since the world browser still is not fixed.

bryandraffen@gmail.com

Hi,

I bought Instant Terra Unlimited, or I thought I did the license says it expires in a year.  And I'm having the same problem with the blank world browser.  I was impressed by the other terrain generation tools.. but now I'm starting to regret upgrading.  I hope this issue is being worked on.

jabo1SFH

no info since sept when google earth was updated so that would mean new api's that the devs need to apply to the software.

Phanta

Has there been any progress from the devteam on this issue? It persists 5 months after initial report and means world browser is entirely unusable.

jabo1SFH

unfortunately no. not sure how they expect people to purchase their software if they are not actively developing it. the least they could do is post up that they are working on the issue.

probably should look into world creator. they are in active development and have an upcoming update in the works.

jaystalin

The developers are not reacting to emails or phone calls for support requests. There is no way to reset a license now, once its used up by a system reinstall you've lost your money and access to the product.

I consider this abandonware now and will act accordingly.