Author Topic: Inconsistent crashes on node selection (v1.9.2)  (Read 947 times)

Danilo Nishimura

• Senior Technical Artist at Massive Entertainment
Hi there,

I've been having random crashes when selecting various types of nodes. I can't say for sure what triggers the crash, but I know it happens when I select and deselect a few nodes in a large network.
I'd guess the Node properties tab has something to do, as the first thing I notice is that something is wrong with that tab. Sometimes it stops rendering, sometimes the line that separates it from the other tabs disappear...

Being a developer, I know this is a terrible way to report a bug, but I feel I should let you guys know about it, and as soon as I get something more concrete on how to reproduce the crash, I'll update this thread.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 08:17:44 PM by Danilo Nishimura »

Alexis Vaisse

• Administrator
Hi Danilo,

Thanks for the report.
Unfortunately there's not a lot we can do as long as we don't find a repro case.
If you have a "The crash has been sent" message, information about the crash is sent anonymously to our server. Sometimes it may help us to find a repro case.

Danilo Nishimura

• Senior Technical Artist at Massive Entertainment
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out when it happens. Also, when it happens, it doesn't crash, but stays frozen and I have to manually stop the process.