Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Support - How to ... ? / Tiled build and super large terrains
« Last post by Naima on April 17, 2022, 10:23:59 AM »
Helo , I have the need to create terrain for a whole planet , in continental scale, this program can be of any help to me? Does it allows me to have erosion on continental scale? to perform works of tectonics and mountain chains ? Or not ? does it allow to make maps as large as 81000 pxls ?
Support - How to ... ? / Re: Tuto of WorldBrowser error 401
« Last post by Alexis Vaisse on March 22, 2022, 03:17:21 AM »
Hello,

The World browser uses external web sites, such as OpenTopography, to download the data.
It may happen that the OpenTopography site is down. In this case, you will get an error, for example error 401.

If you try again later, the site may be up and running again, and you will be able to complete the tutorial.
Discussions / Colors Satelite Maps and Road ?
« Last post by babe on March 18, 2022, 04:28:10 PM »
Hello, how can we have different colors in the satellite map, for example, when there is a road we could see white and then the other colors which replaces the colors of the satellite map, with our color of our choice ? If, we see a yellow color on the card and we can put another color. I don't know, if, I explain well. ^^
Support - How to ... ? / Tuto of WorldBrowser error 401
« Last post by babe on March 18, 2022, 03:34:53 PM »
Hello, J'ai suivie

I next the tutorial WorldBrowser, I obtains an error 401, there the detail :

" Connection error (An error occured, Error code : 401.)
  Check that you have a valid connection to the Internet. "

Why ? I not understand error, or is normal, iam sorry if, I speak bad in english. It not a my language national.
Support - How to ... ? / tutorial - can't do it as it doesn't scale well
« Last post by Mikaere on January 31, 2022, 06:42:11 PM »
Im duplicating displays at 1920 by 1080 res ie laptop running win 10 and external monitor
Crash and bug reports / Re: Mask arrives at Unreal with artefacts
« Last post by ZoltanE on December 17, 2021, 03:31:39 PM »
Oh right, makes sense, I'll look into it, thanks for the tip!
By the way if I scale the terrain down to 63x63 then I don't see any artefacts.

EDIT: Setting the bottom most layer's mask to constant 1.0 seems to have fixed the problem! :D
« Last post by Alexis Vaisse on December 17, 2021, 03:27:40 PM »
The size of the artefacts (254x254) is exactly the size of a landscape component in Unreal (127x127 quads per section and 2x2 sections per component).

If the artefacts are only visible in Unreal and not in Instant Terra, it may be caused by Unreal.

For one component, if all layers are black, strange things may happen in Unreal, depending on how your landscape material is built. Worst of all, results may vary each time you modify a layer.
This is the case whether the layer data comes from Instant Terra or from other sources.

To avoid this, it may be necessary to have a non-zero (i.e. not black) value in at least one layer for each vertex of the landscape.
In Instant Terra, you can create a mask whose values are one minus the sum of all other masks (use Add and Subtract nodes) and use it for one layer.
This ensures that at least one layer has a non-zero value for each vertex of the landscape.
« Last post by ZoltanE on December 17, 2021, 03:03:59 PM »
Fewer artifacts when I replace the flow simulation node with a profile curve.
Obviously something is getting wrong here. Maybe some files have been corrupted.
I suggest you to uninstall Instant Terra, remove the Instant Terra Unreal Engine plugin, download and install the latest version of both Instant Terra and the Unreal Engine plugin.
Crash and bug reports / Unable to start Instant Terra because the version is too old.
« Last post by ZoltanE on December 10, 2021, 07:32:39 PM »
I just started getting this message after rebooting, when I attempt to start IT from Unreal:

EDIT: If I keep trying then eventually it starts. However even when it does there is no link to Unreal, I'm forever stuck at "Updating terrain - Waiting for Unreal to respond". The Unreal log shows none of the log prints that usually accompany the process.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10